I think we can all agree that it's still cold enough for comfort food and I've been craving a good homemade mac and cheese lately. Scouring the internet I came across this super easy recipe that yeilds 6 servings of deliciously golden mac and cheese with less than 30 minutes of prep time! I'd say we're on to a winner, find the original recipe here.
- 2cups uncooked elbow macaroni (7 ounces)
- 1/4cup butter or margarine
- 1/4cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1/4teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2cups milk
- 2cups shredded or cubed Cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
1. Heat oven to 350ºF.
2. Cook macaroni as directed on package.
3. While macaroni is cooking, melt butter in 3-quart saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constanly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in cheese. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted.
4. Drain macaroni. Gently stir macaroni into cheese sauce. Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole. Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.
There are a ton of ways you can kick up your mac and cheese too. I mean everything is better with bacon right? Or a make a date-night-in luxe dish by substituting in different cheeses and adding tender cooked lobster. I'd love this as a side dish to anything... just saying, hint hint hubby!