Days are getting shorter and the air is decidedly cooler, it's time to think of warm layers and toasty boots for the seasons ahead, especially in Montreal! But before we get to all that (aka upcoming posts), I just wanted to share with you one of my favorite outfits from the summer that I never posted... I can admit a little that life got in the way; with a toddler, travel and work and the list goes on. Reality is that it's REALity... we're all busy and though I do have to apologize for falling behind on my posts, life happens with or without us! Time ticks on...so forgive me for being a live-in-the-moment kinda girl, 'cos right now, I'm loving' it!
I'm a huge believer in window shopping, taking the time and enjoying the experience and really finding what you love before buying something. Sure I have indulged in impulse buying but I know all too well the feeling of buyers remorse as well... that next day when you're wishing you hadn't been so swift to whip out your credit card. It does happen to work both ways though. I've been left thinking about a special item that I left behind on a lonely rack, only to go back to get it and it's already gone!
My suggestion is to know what you want and know what you already have in your closet before you set out on a shopping excursion. Sure if you have cash to burn then throw caution to the wind and have a blast doing it. But, if you're like the rest of us it pays to have a quick flip though your favorite fashion magazine or follow an on-trend blogger (thanks for the read), maybe pin a few ideas prior to your splurge. Just a friendly hack, hope it helps!
This outfit totally makes me think back to the days when I'd have been at the race track all-day long hanging out with the boys and watching my hubby out doing his thing in the car. Then at the end of the day he'd hit me with "Oh, by the way we have a sponsor dinner tonight and we're NOT going back to the hotel first". Those were the moments that gave me palpitations when we first met... then I wised up!
Take for example these black biker jeans and a crisp button down paired with boots would be perfect to kick around at the race track all day; then throw on some amazing heels and pair of hanging earrings, a swipe of eyeliner and a spritz of Jo Malone Fragrance (my go-to) and you're set to impress!
It's likely not going to fly if you're headed to a country club with "no jeans" policy but for a meet & greet it would be just fine. Hey, I always say that a great pair of earrings and the right heels is all you'll ever need to impress anyone... well that and your best charm, whit and smile :) Besides, a little bit of rough in a smooth world could be just the perfect recipe for some fun!
It's all about fringe this season, but not feeling the cow-girl vibes, then look to accessories like the Kendal and Kylie fringe pumps I'm wearing above.
Even though Summer is well under way, if you're at all like me you are probably still dealing with tight, itchy, and even flaky skin. Too much sun, salt, chlorine and even dehydration can take it's toll on your skin this time of year, leaving it super unhappy! So let's talk about a few products formulated to combat these unwanted fun-in-the-sun consequences.
When I was in high school, my favorite subject was biology, though I wasn't too bad at chemistry either. It makes sense then that products that can pull water into the outer layer of your skin will help to hydrate and plump it. Nitrogen Hydroboost is a gel-like formula that is really light and smooth but has a great moisturizing effect. Ceramides in lotions help heal damaged skin, so lotions like CeraVe Moisturizing Cream are really good basic go-to's after a sun session.
Another great find I came across is Reversa skin smoothing body lotion which has 10% Glycolic acid. This lotion has been a treasure find for me, helping especially on the unloved parts of my feet! I have really made an effort as I want nice, soft feet again and noticed a difference within a few days of starting to use it each night. Since becoming a Mom I don't have a lot of time for luxurious mani-pedi's; this lotion has saved me a lot of time and money (sorry beauty bars) as I feel like I have had a pedicure every morning when I wake up!
My best moisturizing tips:
1. Apply your lotion right after you get out of the shower when skin is still a little damp. 2. Keep the bathroom door closed so it's still a little steamy in there until you're done applying lotion. 3. Look for products with Ceramides in the ingredient list. My dermatologist said that this ingredient helps to seal in the cracks and actually help heal dry broken skin. 4. Apply moisturizer to your feet before bed and slip on some socks, or put cotton gloves on your hands and you'll wake up with silky smooth skin in the morning.
Next post I want to talk about the all important yet oh-so complicated task of getting that sun kissed look with out the UV radiation... yes, let's fake bake and be proud! I'm doing the research now for the best of the best so stay tuned :)
Happy Quebec National holiday! According to some good "Quebecker" friends, it's the only day you are actually SUPPOSED to walk around drinking beer... kind of like St Patrick's Day in the States I guess? This outfit is perfect for hanging with the boys, a little rough, a little fun and a whole lot of sassy. All while being PC, because if you're drinking a lot of beer, I recommend not wearing anything too low cut (things can pop out) or too short (things can fall out) keep it tucked in and you're good to go like a lady but still like one of the boys!
Shirtdress by Mavi Jeans, Scarf by C.L, belt by Brave, bag by Angela Mara, shoes by Bunker, necklace by Jenny Bird, ring by bud to rose, bracelet by Lumz, wrap bracelet by Xantra Accessories and earrings by Fringe. Outfit here.
Summer is finally here and it's a busy time for all of us! No doubt, school is out and we all want to take a break from work and relax. I always feel like our summers are crazy... racing has been a huge part of summers past, but with miss Diva Eva Rose in tow now I'm planning on taking a break from the track-life and using the opportunity of time at home to get this blog back up and running! So many great things to talk about now that we are ready to move into our new house.
It's been many months of planning and searching for things we love (many of which we still have yet to find) and it's a tug of war between hubby and me most days. He loves something and I don't or visa versa. We are finding middle ground between his Uber-modern and my boho-chic styles. I sure hope you'll come along for the ride with me as I share some of my tips, tricks and best-of finds from beauty essentials, hotlist fashion and now homewares too!
I can never have enough photos of our little princess with her Dada, she is such a Daddy's girl too!
Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there, for everything you have done and do for us always... without you we would not be the people we are today. We love you!
Voilà que le beau temps frappe à nos portes. Qui dit printemps dit nouveautés, fraîcheur, soleil, ce qui nous inspire dans le département de la beauté…
Voici mon top 5 du printemps/ ete:
1 ) Mes sourcils, je travaillerai…Quand je pense aux sourcils, je pense à Marie-Pier Morin qui porte les sourcils parfaits. Ils sont travaillés, épais et juste assez dissipés pour agrémenter le regard. Dans les instruments facilesà utiliser, il y a Brow Fantasy de Revlon qui
colore, définit et coiffe les sourcils. ( En vente dans les magasins à grandes surfaces et dans les pharmacies).
2) Les tons chauds, j’appliquerai… L’été vient avec la chaleur, le teint bronzé, la luminosité… Alors, optons pour des tons chauds pour effectuer notre maquillage qui se veut léger. Du doré, au bronze en passant par le cuivré, ces teintes rehausseront votre teint sans aucun doute.
Pour créer votre look facilement je vous conseille d’utiliser les ombres Studio Beige et le quatuor monochromatique Taupetation de la marque Marcelle, amusez-vous à mélanger les teintes pour crééer votre look d’été! ( En vente dans les magasins à grandes surfaces et dans les pharmacies).
3) Les cils XXL, je voudrai … c’est simple, appliquez plusieurs couches de votre mascara préféré, mais n’oubliez-pas de bien séparer vos cils entre chaque application à l’aide d’une brosse à cils. Mascara Vamp extrême de Pupa Milano ( En vente dans certaines pharmacies )
4) Une bonne poudre bronzante j’utiliserai… Mon coup de cœur de tous les temps, la poudre Terracotta de Guerlain, quelques coups de pinceaux suffisent pour agrémenter votre teint et créer un look je reviens de la plage! Poudre Terracotta 02 ( En vente aux comptoirs Guerlain dans les magasins en grandes surfaces.
5) De la lumière, je diffuserai…Plusieurs compagnies offrent des ensemble pour créer des points de lumière. Ma dernière découverte, que j’apprécie énormément, Éclair de génie pour illuminer de la marque NYX, tout est là pour vous faire un visage lumineux avec des points de lumières dans différentes teinte. Facile à utiliser, cette palette deviendra votre incontournable de l’été! ( En vente dans certaines pharmacie
Voilà, mon top 5 pour votre look d’été! Bon été & n’oubliez pas de porter un bon écran solaire sous votre maquillage!
Valérie Quevillon, MUA
Now the good weather knocking at our doors. Who says spring says new, cool, sun, what inspires us in the beauty department ...
Here are my top 5 for the Spring/ Summer:
1) Eyebrows are the frame of the face... When I think of the eyebrows, I think of Marie-Pier Morin bringing the perfect eyebrows. They worked, thick and dissipated just enough to accent the look. In easy to use instruments, from Revlon is Brow Fantasy. It colors, cap and defines eyebrows. (In major department stores, supermarkets and pharmacies).
2) I will be applying warm tones on the eyes. Summer comes with heat, a tanned complexion, and brightness ... So, you'll want to opt for warm colors to make makeup glow. Flashing golden and bronze through to copper, these shades will enhance your complexion without any doubt.
I recommend using the Studio Beige shadows and monochromatic quartet Taupetation from Marcelle. Have fun mixing these colors to create your summer look! (Major department stores, supermarkets and pharmacies).
3) XXL lashes, I am all about it... it's simple, apply several coats of your favorite mascara, but do not forget to separate your lashes between applications using an eyelash brush. My favorite for spring, Mascara Vamp extreme by Milano Pupa (On sale in select pharmacies)
4) My heart races for a good bronzer, the best of the moment I think is the powder Terracotta by Guerlain. Add a few brushstrokes to brighten your complexion and create a look like you're just back from the beach! Try Terracotta powder 02 (At Guerlain counters and select stores.)
5) In the light with light diffusers... Several companies have products to create points of light. My latest discovery, which I appreciate enormously is Flash of genius by NYX, everything is there to make you a luminous face with points of light. Easy to use, this palette will become your summer staple! (On sale in some pharmacies)
There you have my top 5 for your spring/summer look! Good summer & be sure to wear a good sunscreen under your makeup!
Valérie Quevillon, MUA